Cenovus Requires QA Technical Administrator in Calgary, Canada
- Job Title:QA Technical Administrator
- Job Category:Other
- Unit/Team:Operations Shared Services
- Work Place:Calgary, AB, Canada
- Job Type:Contract
- Closing Date:4 March 2012
Cenovus Energy is a Canadian oil company. We're committed to applying fresh, progressive thinking to safely and responsibly unlock energy resources the world needs. Our operations include oil sands projects in northern Alberta, which use specialized methods to drill and pump the oil to the surface, as well as natural gas and oil production across Alberta and southern Saskatchewan. Cenovus also has 50 percent ownership in two U.S. refineries and is listed on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges and trade under the symbol “CVE”.
Our expansive oil sands reservoirs, along with our considerable natural gas and crude oil production and cost-efficient refineries, offer significant opportunities for us to deliver long-term shareholder value. The people at Cenovus are respectful of the environment and communities where we work and committed to applying fresh, progressive thinking to the development of energy resources the world needs.
Overview:The Engineering Technical Services – Shop Quality Assurance (QA) Group has a rewarding and challenging opportunity for an ambitious, motivated professional to manage Cenovus third party Quality Surveillance shop inspectors activities. You will function as an integral part of the Engineering Technical Services QA Group and will interact regularly with a wide variety of professions and disciplines within Cenovus, Engineering Houses and Third Party Inspection Companies/Agencies. The position requires excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with the proven ability to complete work both accurately and timely. The successful candidate must be detail-oriented, able to multi-task, prioritize and work independently.
- Assist the Shop QA Lead on day-to-day activities in managing the Shop QA program from Owner’s perspective
- Arrange Quality Surveillance Representatives (QSRs) for shop fabricated equipment through Inspection Companies/Agencies
- Assist QA Coordinator with Shop Audits by issuing Desktop Audit forms to the fabricator and tracking progress
- Plan and attend meetings with Engineering Houses, including preparation of agendas and meeting minutes and subsequent distribution
- Manage the content management website
- Provide guidance and technical support to EP Houses’ Quality Surveillance Coordinators (QSCs) and Inspection Company/Agency representatives on issues originating from the content management website
- Provide support in administrative functions such as arranging travel and logistics
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Welding/Mechanical Tech or equivalent
- Proven maturity to effectively handle and prioritize competing demands
- High regard for accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with short deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as an active team participant in a group
- Proficient use in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, Visio and Livelink
- Result oriented approach with a demonstrated ability to think analytically and solve problems
Notification:Immediately following successful submission of your online application, you will receive an online message confirming Cenovus's receipt of your resume. Due to the anticipated volume of applications we are unable to respond to telephone inquiries about the status of your application.
Interested in this opportunity? If you have previously applied from this website, click here to update your resume and profile first; otherwise, click the “Apply Online” link below.
To apply, just click link above for Cenovus Energy job