Cameron Requires Engineer (Controls Aftermarket) in Perth, Australia
- Job Title:Engineer (Controls Aftermarket)
- Work Place:Perth, WA, Australia
- Payroll Status:Regular
- Qualification:Bachelor's degree
Cameron is a leading international manufacturer of oil and gas pressure control equipment, including valves, wellheads, controls, chokes, blowout preventers and assembled systems for oil and gas drilling, production and transmission used in onshore, offshore and subsea applications, and provides oil and gas separation, metering and flow measurement equipment. Cameron is also a leading manufacturer of centrifugal air compressors, integral and separable gas compressors and turbochargers.
Job Description:Provide technical support from a Controls Aftermarket perspective. This support may include but is not limited to the following tasks:
- Interpretation of technical specifications and engineering calculations
- Refurbishment, maintenance and preservation of returned equipment (RGR)
- Problem solving of manufacturing and field difficulties (NCR and FPR)
- Disposition of non conformance reports (NCR)
- Disposition of field performance reports (FPR)
- Generate engineering bill of material and documents as applicable
- Follow Cameron guidelines and industrial standards
- Assisting sales and operations as applicable
This position is a technical position reporting to the engineering manager. Incumbent will accept the role of a key contact for this task. The position is highly autonomous in that once given a problem, task or specification, work proceeds to its logical completion. The engineering manager is informed of progress, any problems and workload. Full responsibility for the produced designs and the completion of tasks, rests with the incumbent. Incumbent may need to seek advice and guidelines from the engineering manager on a need basis.
Expected Inputs / Duties:
- Develop product designs to meet specific customer requirements
- Create and maintain aftermarket engineering documents (BOM and drawings)
- Write and maintain technical procedures as Factory Acceptance Testing, Running Procedures, Maintenance Procedures and other Procedures to satisfy customer and internal needs
- Generate and maintain Acceptance Criteria Reports which will set a maximum or minimum limit allowed by engineering for Controls components
- Review and update existing special procedures and acceptance criteria’s to meet Industry Standards and customer requirements
- Generate inspection reports which clearly identify the critical areas of the components, to standardize inspection procedures across all Aftermarket facilities
- Disposition inspected components and assemblies
- Disposition non conforming materials reports
- Work with planners to help, create, clear and complete rework/remanufacturing instructions
- Work with the facility to identify best practices and implement them in the Aftermarket Repair Procedures
- Provide technical assistance as needed to customer and field service personnel
- Communicate with other (aftermarket) engineers at other aftermarket facilities for assistance on technical issues
- Follow procedures and make suggestions for improvement of procedures
- Attend meetings, generate MOM’s and close out applicable action items
- Work with vendors as applicable
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
- Education in electrical or mechanical engineering (Bachelor’s degree or Associate Diploma from an accredited university). Knowledge, abilities and experience in the job as an electrical or mechanical Engineer, preferred in the oilfield business.
- Awareness of national and international rules and regulations for Subsea Control Systems.
- Good knowledge in AutoCAD, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills and technical writing skills.
- Ability to organize tasks and information, recognize the need for and innovative new and more efficient methods for all job tasks.
- Conscious of health and safety.
- Ability to work in a team
- Willing to decide on his own and take responsibility for actions
- Self motivated
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Commercial awareness
- Prepared to travel
If this position interests you and you have the experience and qualifications we are looking for, please send your resume by following the “Apply Online” link below.
To apply, just click link above for Cameron job