INPEX Requires Construction Lead in Thailand & Japan
- Job Title:Construction Lead
- Work Place:Laem Chabang, Thailand; Yokohama, Japan
- Organization:Construction & Fabrication
- Qualification:Bachelor's Degree
- Experience:5+ years, 10+ years, 20+ years
INPEX Corporation is an international oil and gas company with more than 70 projects across 26 countries. INPEX has been part of the Australian business community since 1986. Current projects include the Ichthys LNG Project now in the advanced stages of planning, the Darwin LNG, Van Gogh and Ravensworth projects and the Bayu-Undan Development. The Ichthys Project is the largest and most challenging in the company's history and we are recruiting the industry's best to deliver this exciting world-scale project.
INPEX is currently looking to recruit a Construction Lead to provide multi-discipline construction Supervision for the ICHTHYS Project modules from detailed design through onshore construction, pre-commissioning and Commissioning. This position wil responsible for manaing and supervising all aspects of the fabrication construction work ensuring that it is carried our in accordance with the relevant Company standards. Actively participating as a member of the Module Delivery team to assist in setting clear direction and communicate delivery expectations to the Company site discipline construction team, Contractor and Sub-Contractor in areas such as HSSE, quality, schedule & cost.
Key functions of this position include:
- Work with engineering and fabrication teams for the review and approval of all Contractor deliverables for engineering and construction. Ensuring specification and Code compliance and the deliverables schedule is maintained.
- Provide company construction management and oversight of Fabrication contractor activities to achieve completion of the scope of work and pre-commissioning / commissioning objectives for the Modules at the fabrication yard (i.e. Contractor Fabrication contractor completes scope of work).
- Lead Company multi-discipline team ensuring coordination of interfaces between Company construction team, Contractor and Fabrication Contractor. Ensuring alignment with all parties & groups associated with site activities to achieve overall project goals. Resolve conflicts, disputes, disagreements, etc. in a timely and efficient manner. Create a healthy work environment supporting and coaching team members and contractor personnel as required.
- Identify and highlight any risks opportunities or threats that may have a favorable or adverse impact on module delivery within project cost, quality or schedule objectives. Assist in the development and implementation of contingency plans as appropriate to maintain performance objectives.
- Develop and update weekly/monthly performance management reporting to monitor progress on key performance indicators (KPI'S) & critically analyze data.
- Provide input and support to contract administration including assessment and approval of variations, management of change, coordination of vendor and specialist contractor support and any other aspects to ensure successful implementation of the contract.
Requirements:To be considered for this position you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Engineering degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Extensive multidiscipline supervisory experience in fabrication and construction of onshore/offshore projects. To include disciplines such as structural, piping, E&I, coating, Insulation, scaffolding, welding, testing etc.
- Minimum 20 years broad experience in engineering construction
- Minimum 10 years in a supervisory role, supervising five individuals or more
- Minimum 5 years experience working in module yards in SE Asia.
- Module Construction experience
- Worldwide experience with Contractors and Vendors in particular those involved in the construction of offshore facilities
This position will be initially based in Yokohama, Japan and will relocate to a fabrication site in Thailand for 24 to 36 months during the term of the project.
Join us at INPEX by clicking “Apply Online” link below, and achieve something extraordinary.
To apply, just click link above for INPEX job