Newmont Requires Truck Driver Trainee in Carlin, NV, USA
- Job Title:Truck Driver Trainee
- Work Place:Carlin, NV, USA
- Job Category:Operations - Surface
- Experience:1+ years
Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont Mining Corp. is a leading gold producer with operations on five continents. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 34,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont's core operations in the United States, Australia, Peru, Indonesia and Ghana. Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont's industry leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.
Newmont's four mining operations in Nevada include the Carlin Trend complex - the most prolific gold field in the Western hemisphere - is located 40 miles west of Elko; the Twin Creeks mine is located 15 miles north of Golconda; the Lone Tree complex near the town of Valmy; the Phoenix and Midas mines are both located near Battle Mountain. Our Nevada properties operate as an integrated unit, and together, they boast the widest variety of processing methods, including Open Pit, Underground, and Process mining.
Safety - At Newmont, the occurrence of any injury is unacceptable. The Company invests significant resources in managing safety risks as it strives to achieve an injury-free workplace.
Environmental - The Nevada sites have won numerous awards for environmental preservation, and for restoring thousands of acres of wildlife and fish habitat.
Community - Our Nevada operations contribute money and expertise to help sustain nearby communities, improve access to health care and promote education.
Newmont provides a competitive pay and an outstanding employee benefit package that includes annual incentive bonus, comprehensive medical and dental plans including a company sponsored medical clinic, life insurance, pension plan, vacation, 401k retirement saving program, and paid holidays. This compensation package coupled with an extended mine life makes Newmont a great employment opportunity.
Employees in this classification operate various types and sizes of ore haulage trucks, water trucks and snow plows and conduct walk around inspections of the equipment prior to start-up. Employees may be assigned shoveling and stemming duties when assisting the powder crew and custodial duties such as sweeping, mopping, or cleaning. Employees must comply with state and federal health and safety regulations, company policies and procedures and the company's environmental compliance policy. Employees will perform other duties as directed and needed by the company to ensure optimal safe operation.
- Hold, turn or otherwise operate tools weighing up to 80 pounds, including but not limited to chalk blocks, chokers, fire extinguishers, mops and brooms.
- Hold, turn or otherwise operate blasting equipment including but not limited to stemming hoses and shovels weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Perform continuous and repeated bending, stooping, lifting, and carrying at waist level, tools and other items including hoses, ladders and tools weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Operate light to medium vehicles and large production trucks such as haul trucks, salt and sand trucks, and water trucks including a pre-operational inspection, ascending equipment ladders as high as 25 feet in the air, pushing and pulling knobs and levers and turning steering wheels, with the ability to withstand jarring and twisting motions for an entire shift while seated in cab.
- Walk and stand on uneven and wet surfaces for extended periods of time (entire shift).
- Hear sufficiently to distinguish various pitches of warning alarms.
- Hold and operate a telephone or radio with sufficient voice and hearing to carry on a conversation for the purpose of following work assignments and providing feedback.
- Read, comprehend and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, labels on products, warning signs, instructional manuals, computer screens in haul trucks and numbers on monitors and gauges, to prevent loss of personnel, property and process.
- Wear personal protective equipment including hard hat, steel toe shoes, safety glasses, respirators, wet suits, earplugs, gloves, or any other equipment to perform duties safely.
- Attach lockout devices to equipment correctly for the purpose of mobile maintenance to ensure equipment cannot be turned on.
- Stoop, bend, twist, or otherwise maneuver for the purpose of inspecting equipment and obtaining entrance into or around equipment.
- Push and pull levers and knobs for the purpose of operating equipment.
- Assist field mechanics to enable a piece of equipment to be serviced.
- Prefer 1 year experience operating an ore haulage truck or equivalent heavy equipment in a mining or construction environment.
How To Apply:Just click the “Apply Online” below to post your resume.
To apply, just click link above to submit your resume for Newmont Mining Corp job