Aker Solutions Require Safety Engineer in Erkelenz, Germany
- Job Title:Safety Engineer
- Job Category:Functional/Administration
- Work Place:Erkelenz, Germany
- Department:100 Aker Wirth
- Position Type:Employee
- Qualification:Master's degree
- Experience:1+ years
- Closing Date:31 January 2013
Headquartered in Oslo, Aker Solutions ASA provides oilfield products, systems and services for customers in the oil and gas industry world-wide. The company's knowledge and technologies span from reservoir to production and through the life of a field. Aker Solutions brings together engineering and technologies for oil and gas drilling, field development and production. The company employs approximately 25.000 people in more than 30 countries. They apply the knowledge and create and use technologies that deliver their customers' solutions.
We are looking for individuals who are prepared to take a position. Not only a position within Aker Solutions, but also a position on the exciting challenges the global oil and gas industry faces now and in the future.
As a pioneering provider of drilling systems and services for over 110 years, the Erkelenz location has committed itself to the progressive extraction of raw materials. In addition, as a part of Aker Solutions, we contribute in this fashion to the global promotion of growth and improving the quality of life. We combine innovative cutting-edge technology with first-class support for our customers. Our successful growth has been achieved on this basis and through the commitment of the around 700 employees in our company. We are active on a global level from our Erkelenz location, and an exciting working environment with a variety of challenging tasks is a daily aspect of our business. Our employees enjoy all the advantages of a dynamic medium-sized enterprise, profiting from both the security and perspectives of an international group.
The care for Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) with emphasis on the own responsibility of each single person is one of the basic values of Aker Solutions. To continue the successful course of the past years in these aspects we are looking for a safety sensitive person convincing as human being in the capacity as Safety engineer:
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- As expert for industrial safety you attend the managers and employees at the location Erkelenz in accordance with §6 ASiG.
- Moreover the consulting of the service divisions as to the assignment of staffs to customers worldwide is one of your tasks.
- Due to the close contact to staffs and managers you support in expanding the high consciousness for all safety-relevant topics with regard to health, operational and environmental protection.
- For this, you carry-out inspections in the working areas.
- Consulting in planning, execution and maintaining of operational plants and procurement of technical operating means.
- Configuration of workplaces, working environment as well as assessment of working conditions.
- Elaboration of accident prevention and health protection measures.
- Besides the preventive work, root analyses of incidents and communication of the learned lessons are part of your tasks.
- You are the first contact person for authorities with regard to health, industrial and environmental protection.
- As representative of Aker Wirth you work in the international team of the Aker Solutions’ Product Unit „Drilling Technologies“ involved in specifications and guidelines for improvement of the HSE performance.
- Company-specific implementation of the Group HSE standards and guidelines.
- Updating and development of the HSE Management System certified in accordance with DIN EN ISO 14001 and BS OHSAS 18001.
Qualifications & Personal Attributes:
- You have completed your studies successfully and simultaneously or subsequently gained the qualification of an Industrial Safety Engineer.
- Additional qualifications in fire-fighting and environment protection as well as initial management experience are of advantage.
- Independent and targeted proceeding mode, based on own responsibility.
- The skilful dealing with employees and management enables you to convince them of the required changes.
- In your activity as Safety Engineer you have already gained experience in maintaining and development of HSE management systems.
- Good knowledge of the English language allows you to implement the Group standards issued in English and to have regular communication with English speaking colleagues, customers, etc.
- Good knowledge of the German language is obligatory.
- Good IT knowledge with the usual user software (MS-Office).
- Friendly colleagues in an industry with a bright future
- An environment where you are encouraged to develop your skills and share your knowledge with your colleagues
- Competitive benefits and strong focus on work-life balance
- Exciting work environment
- Versatile challenges
- Maximum creative leeway
- Flat hierarchies
- Scope for initiative
By joining Aker Solutions, you will work as a valued member of the team tackling challenging work and looking for opportunities to innovate. Most positions enjoy a business casual environment and flexible work schedule with competitive benefits beginning your first day.
To apply, just click link above for Aker Solutions job